Fees and Charges
Fees and Charges
The applicable fees and charges for archive services are listed below.
- Access to archives, for those carrying out their own research and making their own notes using paper and pencil, laptop or tablet, is free. However, customers are encouraged to make a voluntary donation, including signing a gift aid declaration if applicable. The customer receives 30 minutes free guidance by The Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum (PISM) archive staff on how to use the archives, catalogues, indices etc. Customers will select the material which they wish to study and Archive staff will then facilitate access to the requested files (only a limited number at a time). Customers will generally receive the requested material in electronic format, where available. Original material will only be presented if digitalization has not yet occurred. If further detailed guidance and/or research are requested from PISM staff, a charge will be applied of £20 per hour, or any part thereof. All charges, including copying, post and packaging, etc., are to be paid before leaving the premises.
- Research that is carried out solely by PISM staff, in response to requests received through written correspondence, e.g. post, email, or in person: the fee is £50, for a maximum of 2 hrs per enquiry, with no guarantee of success. Additional charges would be applied for postage and document copying (detailed below). No work will be carried out without a prior, written agreement to cover the indicated fees.
- Certified copies of documents: appropriate document copying and postal charges, plus a £20 certification charge, per page.
- Monochrome photocopies – A4: £0.60 per page, plus an administration fee of £15.00 per hour, or any part thereof; A3: £0.75 per page, plus an administration fee of £15.00 per hour, or any part thereof.
- Colour photocopies – A4: £1.20 per page, plus an administration fee of £15.00 per hour, or any part thereof. A3 – £1.70 per page, plus an administration fee of £15.00 per hour, or any part thereof.
- Digital prints of previously scanned documents (will include a PISM watermark): A4 – £0.50 per page, plus an administration fee of £15.00 per hour, or any part thereof.
- Digital prints of documents that have not been scanned previously (will include a PISM watermark): A4: £0.50 per page, plus an administration fee of £15.00 per hour, or any part thereof.
- Use of own camera, phone, tablet or other devices (only at the discretion and with permission of staff – no flash, tripods or scanning permitted): £0.25 per exposure.
- Customers to pay all postage and packaging costs, in addition to other fees/charges.
- If any copied material is intended to be published, in any format, you should consult staff for charges.
The Polish Institute and Sikorski Museum is a registered charity (no. 312168) and other than funds that we generate through our activities, we are totally reliant on membership, donations and legacies to enable us to carry on with our work.